Manchester City star Kevin De Bruyne has been predicted as the highest-rated Premier League player in EA Sports’ hotly-anticipated FIFA 21.
The 28-year-old Belgian playmaker has been in scintillating form for his club and registered an impressive 19 assists in 35 matches this season.
And Dexerto has predicted that De Bruyne will grab the highest overall for any Premier League player in FIFA 21.
The publication believes that the Belgium international will be bumped up from his 90 overall in FIFA 20 to 91 in the forthcoming EA Sports title.
Dexerto believes that the 28-year-old Netherlands international could climb up one overall to 91 in FIFA 21.
Posted below are Dexerto’s predictions for the 10 highest-rated Premier League players in FIFA 21.
10. N’Golo Kante (rating prediction: downgrade — 89 to 88)
9. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (rating prediction: no change — 88)
8. Raheem Sterling (rating prediction: no change — 88)
7. Roberto Firmino (rating prediction: upgrade — 86 to 88)
6. Sergio Aguero (rating prediction: no change — 89)
5. Mohamed Salah (rating prediction: no change — 90)
4. Alisson (rating prediction: upgrade — 89 to 90)
3. Sadio Mane (rating prediction: upgrade — 88 to 90)
2. Virgil van Dijk (rating prediction: upgrade — 90 to 91)
1. Kevin De Bruyne (rating prediction: upgrade — 91 to 92)
However, the publisher revealed in its Q4 earnings call for 2020 that the upcoming FIFA title wouldn’t be delayed.
“We have a long history of creating spectacular sports content that’s not directly dependent or reliant on the real world of sports,” EA CEO Andrew Wilson said.
FIFA 21 is expected to launch later this year for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
EA Sports’ next entry in the series could also arrive on the eagerly-awaited PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, which are both expected to launch in holiday 2020.