fbpx

Afenifere berates President Buhari over shoot-on-sight order ▷ Nigeria news


– Afenifere has condemned shoot-on-sight order by the federal government

– The pan-Yoruba group, said this on Thursday, May 20, in a statement issued by Chief Ayo Adenbanjo

– The group, however, said the order would not solve the problem of insecurity plaguing the country

PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!

The pan-Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, has condemned the “shoot-on-sight” order issued by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Chief Ayo Adebanjo, the acting leader of Afenifere, made this condemnation on Thursday. May 20, in a statement he issued and seen by Legit.ng.

Afenifere berates President Buhari over shoot-on-sight order
Afenifere has condemned the federal government over the shoot-on-sight order. Credit: @NGRPresident

He alleged that the rising hostility against the southeast zone since the beginning of the Buhari administration had now become a matter of great concern to Afenifere, adding that the reality should also become a major concern of other stakeholders in the Nigerian project.

The elder statesman, while decrying the situation where two sets of laws exist in the country, noted that no Igbo man is a member of Buhari’s security council.

Read also

Insecurity: APC chieftain laments, asks Buhari to buckle up

He asked:

“Take a look at the security council, no Igbo man is a member of Buhari’s security architecture. Is that how to run a multi-ethnic multi-religious country like Nigeria?”

Afenifere leader argued that with the “shoot-on-sight order,” it would be assumed that Nigerians are no longer safe again.

Afenifere leader, however, urged other leaders in the other zones to condemn the “shoot-on-sight” order to prevent yet another looming massacre in the southeast zone.

He said that the president must be told that if he is sincere about the peace and unity of this country, adding that the draconian order should be revoked forthwith.

Adebanjo further stated:

“Certainly, if the president has no hidden agenda, there are more civilized and democratic ways to beef up the security in the southeast.”

PAY ATTENTION: Install our latest app for Android, read the best news on Nigeria’s #1 news app

Meanwhile, Legit.ng had previously reported that President Buhari admitted that his administration’s efforts to tackle the rising spate of insecurity across the country have not proven to be good enough.

Read also

UPDATED: Gimba Kumo declared wanted for fraud by ICPC is Buhari’s former in-law – Presidency

It was reported that the president also said his government was becoming desperate in its attempt to tackle the security menace.

He made this known while addressing traditional rulers at the State House in Abuja, on Thursday, March 11.

Source: Legit



Source link

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: